Telehealth Medicare Services
Now people in the country can access Medicare Psychologist services under Medicare for Internet based services.
Due to recent changes to Medicare, I will be offering those living outside the metropolitan area Medicare Psychologist services via the internet, for those people with a referral from their GP.
Medicare says you must be in Monash Modified Model (MMM) areas 4-7.
See this link to confirm you are eligible.
(Broadly speaking this is people outside metropolitan areas.)
Initial "Intake" interview (as required by Medicare) will be at one of the Perth locations, (e.g. when in Perth for other reasons) then later appointments would be over the internet.
An information sheet can be found via the button at the bottom of the page below.
Contact my booking service on 1300 50 67 68 or email me at [email protected] to make a booking.
Further information can also be found via the link below.
With services available under Medicare I expect there will be a high demand for this type of service. Particularly considering the ability to;
- Have internet consultations without needing to allow travel time to and from the consultation;
- See a bloke with both tertiary qualifications as a registered psychologist, life experience and Blue and white-collar workplace experience;
- Have a consultation when their children are either at school, day care or gone to bed;
- Be unlikely to “bump into” the Psychologist in town or in other local settings;
- See a Psychologist without anyone (other than your GP) knowing about it.