Building Better Blokes Group
Not “fixing”, building!
A group for blokes to really talk with other guys
about the bigger issues in their lives
- Improve the Men’s psychological health;
(possible) social isolation;
- Look at areas of concern to the guys;
- Build individual guy's resilience;
- Have an opportunity to look at the “bigger picture” for themselves;
- Give guy's an opportunity to work on issues or concerns in a safe supportive environment;
- Assist guys to feel more comfortable in “their own skin”;
- Develop inter-generational supports;
- Strengthen relationship skills;
- Have mentally and or intellectually stimulating discussions.
Potential topics for discussion could be:
- Development of a friendship network;
- Building a better relationship with our intimate partner;
- Being good role models to younger males and or be better Fathers;
towards a “work-life” balance;
- “Letting go” of past “hurts” or mistakes;
- Building greater resilience to life’s “Up’s and downs”;
- Looking at what is important in life to the individual participants;
- Other topics or subjects as decided by the group.
Further Information - Basic Group Information (single printable page) Summary
Further Information - A Four Page (printable) Group Overview
The group will be conducted at a location a short distance from the Huntingdale office.
The group is in part prompted by non-therapy groups shown in the ABC TV series "Man Up".
See www.manup.org.au to view episodes.
A guiding principle of running the group, will be to use those of "Positive Psychology", like:
"…positive individual traits: the capacity for love and vocation, courage, interpersonal skill, aesthetic sensibility, perseverance, forgiveness, originality, future mindedness, spirituality, high talent, and wisdom"
For an introduction to Positive Psychology follow this link.
What to expect for your fees;
- A professionally run psychoeducational group;
group run by a registered psychologist, with a combination of tertiary training
and life experience, who is experienced in facilitating groups;
opportunity to work on your own “stuff” and the opportunity to help decide on
topics to be covered in future sessions;
- Refreshments and a light
Contact me via the form below, or via my Booking service on 1300 50 67 68
to obtain further information or to register your interest.