I am a Generalist Psychologist registered with the Australian Health Practitioner Regulation Agency (AHPRA) registration number PSY0001579347 and an Associate Member of the Australian Psychological Sociey (APS).
I have been a registered psychologist since 2008.
(I've also been doing volunteer phone counselling since 1981)
My qualifications include a four year Psychology degree from Edith Cowan University and a Postgraduate Diploma in Counselling from Murdoch University.
In addition to general registration, I am able to supply services under Medicare (with a GP referral).
Information about Medicare referrals can be found via this link to the Department of Health and Aging.
A form for your GP to complete to assist in making a referral is available here (it is not essential, just helpful to me) and gives your GP information they will need, in particular my provider numbers.
1. Medicare sessions are not "free" they are subsidised (i.e. Medicare will only pay a small proportion of the APS recommended fee);
2. The Medicare rebate (which has been frozen for some years) is less than a third of the recommended fee (although I charge less than the APS recommended fee), i.e. you can expect to pay a "Gap fee";
3. Psychologist's work in a different way to GP's so psychologist billing practices cannot be compared to those of a "Bulk Billing GP" (it's like comparing "Apples and "Oranges");
4. Because Psychologists only see one client an hour, Bulk Billing may only be possible under certain limited circumstances;
5. Medicare does not cover couple/relationship counselling.
My times and locations: Please select this link to get a downloadable page with details of when I am usually at particular sites.
GP Practices relatively nearby to my locations include:
Huntingdale Thornlie Medical Centre (Same location)
Pier Street Medical (Same location)
My Medicare Provider Numbers (for your GP) are:
4498227F (Perth- East) 4498222Y (Huntingdale-Thornlie)