Workplace issues - Blue and White collar.
Workplaces - The Good, the Bad and the Ugly!
Over my working life I've experience in a range of different types of workplaces, from my early days in clothing factories (cutting out shirts and pyjamas), office jobs in the Federal and State public service, as well as in not for profit and community based organisations, including work in a Prison Farm and separate Domestic Violence group settings.
That is separate from the more "fill-in" or casual jobs, like helping out with a stock-take, or counting cars and trucks going past an intersection!
Over the years, I've also had clients coming to see me who have worked in a range of settings, from (like me) some fairly menial jobs, and or labour intensive roles (e.g. "Tradies" - you can see my article about working with them here) through to people in fairly senior technical or professional roles.
The sorts of issues clients may come to discuss with me can include;
- Dealing with work-life balance (e.g. work and parenting/carer roles);
- Difficult working relationships with co-workers or bosses;
- Expected or unexpected unemployment, or underemployment;
- Dealing with "ism's" (sexism, racism, heterosexism and or ageism).
- Difficult personalities : a practical guide to managing the hurtful behaviour of others (and maybe your own!) / Helen McGrath and Hazel Edwards
- Enough about you, let's talk about me : how to recognize and manage the narcissists in your life - Les Carter
- Emotional Intelligence: Why it Can Matter More Than IQ - Daniel Goleman
- Fathering from the fast lane: Practical ideas for busy dads - Bruce Robinson
- Hamlet's Blackberry: A Practical Philosophy for building a Good Life in the Digital Age - William Powers
- The asshole survival guide : how to deal with people who treat you like dirt / Robert I. Sutton
- The no asshole rule [building a civilized workplace and surviving one that isn't] / Robert I. Sutton
I may also refer clients to websites like:
1300 50 67 68
Click here to edit text